Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Pediatric Federation LLC?
- What is Pediatric Federation's Vaccine Purchasing Program (VPP)?
- Why was Pediatric Federation formed?
- Is Pediatric Federation and It's Vaccine Purchasing Program a Distributor or Distribution Service?
- How do I order products through the VPP?
- Does Pediatric Federation have a profit motive?
- How much can I save with PediaFed's VPP?
- How does my practice utilize PediaFed's VPP
- How does Pediafed's Vaccine purchasing program work?
- How do I join Pediatric Federation and get access to the VPP?
- What does it cost to belong to Pediatric Federation?
- How do I get more information on Pediafed and its VPP?
- Why join Pediatric Federation?
- How long has Pediatric Federation been in existence?
- How long does the enrollment process take?
- How do I pay for the products I order?
- How does this compare to direct ordering?
- Does Pediatric Federation's Vaccine Purchasing Program have a contract for Prevnar?
- Can I participate in both the Fluzone and FluMist contracts?
- Currently we are using Pediarix, can I continue to use Pediarix?
- How do we purchase Adult Hepatitis A?
- Why doesn't PF's VPP have a contract with GSK?
- Why does Pediafed's VPP have Rights & Responsibilities?
- What are YOUR VPP Rights?
- What is YOUR VPP Responsibilities?
- What happens to my practice if we order off contract?
- How much monetary rebate can I expect to receive back each year?
Pediatric Federation is a voluntary community of thousands of physicians and other healthcare professionals from private offices throughout the United States.
Our Vaccine Purchasing Program is an answer to the escalating costs associated with purchasing vaccines. It is a program that allows medical practices of all sizes to easily purchase vaccines at the lowest cost.
Generally, in the late 1980's with the rise of managed care, several issues were identified. Pediatric Federation was formed to help deal with those issues. Speficially, today, we do all we can to assist practices prosper and thrive. We believe that healthier practices produce healthier patients,
We are NOT a distributor. The vaccine manufacturors view us as one customer and your practices will interface directly with the manufacturers. There are no middle men.
Once you are enrolled in our organization, you will be able to enjoy Pediatric Federation's low contract pricing through the same, standard ordering avenues. By phone, you can directly contact - and order from - the manufacturer.
Pediatric Federation does NOT seek any profit.
Depending on the vaccine, our contracted discounts range up to 64% from catelog/list direct pricing. Additionally, almost every vaccine earns rebates.
By joining PediaFed and enrolling in the VPP you automatically get access to our contracted pricing. All orders are placed directly through the MFGs
Top secret... just kidding. The success is really based off of very simple economic principles:
- Volume Discounts
- Contractual Purchasing
- Intelligent Buying Habits
Nothing... it is Free. Our VPP is Free. Our Buyology Bonus Program is Free
[Click Here...](/contact-us "Contact Us) fill out the form... and we'll send you an info packet
When your practice becomes a participant of Pediatric Federation's you will be part of a extensive community. You will be able to connect with thousands of other like minded physicians and medical professionals, as well as have the opportunity to participate in our Vaccine Purchasing Program and Buyology Program.
Pediatric Federation was founded in 1991 with the goal of helping practices succeed. We believe that healthy practices equals healthy patients. We were the first to offer a Vaccine Purchasing Program for independent private practices and have maintained our philosophy and goals since our inception. We take pride in offering equal benefits to practices of all sizes.
It can take 1-2 weeks to be fully eligible to order vaccines at Pediafed's prices. Often it can be done in less.
You are billed directly by the manufacturer. Our contracts generally contain terms that extend the length of time required to pay. All traditional forms of payment (checks, credit cards, C.O.D.) are accepted.
Our contract pricing contains offers substantial discounts over direct purchase prices. We urge you to compare our costs to your current prices. In addition to "on invoice" Pediatric Federation discounts, you will be eligible to participate in periodic manufacturer specials.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to offer a contract for Prevnar. Being a sole source product Wyeth will not offer group contract pricing for this product. So continue your current method of ordering Prevnar.
Yes. Both the Fluzone vaccine and FluMist are separate contracts offered to us annually. However, it is important to read the details of each program and understand that your purchasing partterns can dramatically affect the contract savings for your office.
No. We offer an alternative vaccine schedule using Sanofi Pasteur's Pentacel.
Since Merck is not producing this product PF's VPP Participants can purchase GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) ADULT Havrix. When Merck returns to production of ADULT Vaqta VPP participants will resume ordering that product.
We don't have a contract with GSK because it would increase our overall costs for vaccines. After reviewing the pricing and terms the VPP practices elected to have contracts with Merck and Sanofi Pasteur. Compliance with these contracts gives us the lowest pricing.
This keeps our contracts in compliance, and keeps our group in a good position to negotiate subsequent contracts. The pricing increases for the entire group if we purchase from competing vaccine lines.
- Discounted contract pricing on Vaccines
- Tools to help you buy at the very lowest price
- Semi annual rebate checks
- Voting rights on VPP Contracts
- Participation in Pediatric Federation's Online Community
- Order only vaccines available through the VPP contracts
- Pay on time
- Keep our pricing information strictly confidential
- Keep practice information current in PediaFed Data Center
- Use VPP vaccines on our own patients (no second selling)
We review compliance reports continually and immediately must take action to notify non-compliant offices. Offices which choose to order off contract, aka "cherry pick," will be removed from the Pediatric Federation's VPP for a period of at least one year, to preserve the competitive pricing benefits for those in compliance. NONCOMPLIANCE NEGATIVELY IMPACTS THE GROUP AS A WHOLE! PRICES GO UP FOR EVERYONE!
Your rebate is directly related to your volume of purchases and compliance.